Demonic Flyff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demonic flyff forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kn0ck0ut12

kn0ck0ut12

New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever. Empty
PostSubject: New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever.   New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever. EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 pm

" Hey Folks,

Just want to inform you that there is a new bill being drafted essentially saying copyrighted works can't be displayed without the express permission of the copyright holder. That would mean that if I wanted to post a video of WoW footage or a multiplayer match in BFBC2 I would have to get the express permission of Blizzard and DICE/EA respectively. The bill is meant to combat piracy of TV shows and movies. The bill has a 10 strike policy (if you upload footage 10 times *EVEN IF YOU LATER TAKE IT DOWN* you will still be held legally responsible). I reiterate that this is meant for movies or TV but this will absolutely raze the video game sides of industries such as Machinima, tournements, justin.tv, American Idol/America's Got Talent (etc.) and people singing on the internet. All of them/their users can be held accountable unless they get permission from the copyright holder. This either needs to be stopped in its tracks or more likely be amended to exclude video games. Let me make it clear, this is intended for TV and movie pirates (and I in no way condone or support media piracy) but this is gonna totally fuck up everything we love about youtube. If you, as gamers, love seananners, machinima, tobygames, colbycheese, mmo-champion, please please please send a letter to your local government representative to stop this. "

UnSeen : Too much to read? Basically its saying all those major video game streams on youtube will not be allowed to make any videos of games including stuff like American Idol, etc.

Back to top Go down
kn0ck0ut12

kn0ck0ut12

New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever.   New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever. EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:15 pm

How do you feel about the situation?

Should the goverment ban game videos forever, or should they stay the f**k out of gamer business?
Back to top Go down

New Bill will Ban Video Game Videos Eveyrwhere. Forever.
Page 1 of 1